Thursday, April 26, 2007

later Provo

I secretly am excited to move back home. In fact, I am skipping out on Diegos right now because I want to pack up and get going. It will be a hard-working summer since I am working two jobs, but I think I am going to enjoy it.

Warm weather makes me pro-active. In the winter all I want to do is watch Smallvile DVDs with Kaylene...

I like working, and I will have two jobs that make me very happy and bring out different sides of me. Kohlers makes me happy because I see tons of people and interact with tons of people. And working at Horrocks Engineering will let me just listen to my music and sit and figure things out.

I had my interview with Horrocks today. The interview went wonderfully well... I always have such laid back interviews, I don't think I have ever had a formal interview since working at the Purple Turtle. And during my interviews they just tell me that I have the job, there is never any suspense. Because of the lack of formality I've experienced in obtaining jobs I have no trust in attaining "interview skills" or writing a "professional resume". Is that crazy? I just don't think it matters. Do people really get hired because they have a good firm hand shake, and maintain good eye contact? I don't know, it seems weird to me.

Needless to say, I got hired on Horrocks Engineering and start on Monday. I'll be working there about 25 hours a week. And I'll work at Kohlers at night.

Oh, but there is also a part of me that is really sad to leave Provo. I really like the house that I live in and my bedroom, and I love p-town bike rides. And just recently I have discovered two things about Provo that I didn't know about before, and I thought I had Provo figured out!

The first is the running trails up above seven peaks. I think they are wonderful! And I wish I had known about them sooner because they give you such a beautiful view of Provo, I may drive down just to go on a few runs there.

The second is the Food and Care Coalition! This week I volunteered there with Lily and Lindsay... and I loved it! I have always known that place existed, but I never knew where it was. And it was so fun serving those people and making the trays of food. I even ran into a Romanian woman who was shocked that I could speak her language. And after only 25 hours of service they give you a free apron. Frick! Why did I just find out about this 2 days ago???? I have been living in Provo for almost 3 years!! I could have earned a bazillion aprons!

Oh well. I'll be back. I won't be able to stay away for long... especially when McDoodle gets back to ta-ooooooooowwwn. She may even love Provo more than me, this is a quote from her most recent email:
last night i had a dream i went home and i was so mad casue i wanted to go explore provo, but you wouldn't take me and i didn't have a car and i was all "Whitney please! i haven't seen provo forever" and you still wouldn't take me. . .

Golly, I miss McKay... she is fabulous to the tenth power.

No comments:

Post a Comment