Thursday, June 14, 2007

steamboat arabia


While I am in Kansas City I am making my team visit a museum dedicated to the Steamboat Arabia, which sank, and for some reason was covered in mud and rediscovered later. I don't know much about it, but I am sure I will learn the whole story while I am there. I am so excited, I can't even wait! I love historical stuff! I may even read Huckleberry Finn on the plane or something, there is a steamboat in that book right?

Here is a little quote that I grabbed from the museums website: Unbelievable treasures and fascinating history await. Explore our museum and learn how the handsome steamer Arabia prospered on the rivers, perished in 1856 and was finally rediscovered 132 years later, precious cargo intact. This exhibit, in Kansas City, Mo, is many things: history, ingenuity, tragedy, adventure, perseverance, preservation and a tribute to the pioneer spirit.

This is Life! Come explore!

He he! "This is life!" I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment